40-hr Basic Mediation and Restorative Justice Training
9, 10, 16, 17 & 23
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
The Community Justice and Mediation Center (CJSM) is offering 40-hour training for those interested in learning about conflict resolution, mediation, and restorative justice.
Participants will learn:
- Interpersonal skills in communication and listening
- Problem solving and negotiation
- Basic Mediation skills
- Victim-Offender Mediation skills
- Increased understanding of restorative justice philosophy and methods
- The sources of conflict, and the processes leading to constructive conflict resolution
Tuition: $300 EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION: $260 if received by June 30, 2017
1. Please go to Our Services at www.cjamcenter.org click Training and Education, and click on Register Now to apply online.
2. You may pay on-line with a credit card or mail a check to: CJAM, 205 South Walnut St., Ste. 16, Bloomington, IN 47404.
A limited number of scholarships are available. Call CJAM (812) 336-8677 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org
The Training Benefits: Any community member interested in managing conflict and its resolution. Those who volunteer with CJAM after the training work as “apprentices,” working alongside mediators and restorative justice practitioners who have had significant experience as lead facilitators in our programs. The training is offered twice a year in September and February and is led by senior mediators and restorative justice practitioners.