EXHIBIT: "Beijing's 798 Art Zone"
After the turn of the 21st century, artists and cultural entrepreneurs began colonizing a former military factory complex in northeast Beijing. Taking its name from that numbered factory, the 798 Art Zone is an urban arts colony that now attracts visitors from around China and the world. Offering a glimpse of a compelling place that is both visually saturated and reflective of the state of contemporary arts and society in present-day China, Beijing's 798 Art Zone introduces the district and its ever-changing artistic landscape through photographs. The exhibit will temporarily close May 8 through August 21; but will re-open August 22, and be open through December 17.
- Tuesday November 07, 2017 09:00 AM
- Tuesday November 07, 2017 04:30 PM
- Mathers Museum, 416 N Indiana Ave, Bloomington, IN 47408
- Mathers Museum of World Cultures
- Contact Email
- More Contact Info
- Other Info
- Parking Free visitor parking is available by the Indiana Avenue lobby entrance. Metered parking is available at the McCalla School parking lot on the corner of Ninth Street and Indiana Avenue. The parking lot also has spaces designated for Indiana University EM-P, EM-S, and ST permits. During the weekends free parking is available on the surrounding streets. Accessibility An access ramp is located at the Fess Avenue entrance, on the corner of Ninth Street and Fess Avenue. Reserved parking spaces are available on Ninth Street, between Fess Avenue and Indiana Avenue. If you have a disability and need assistance, special arrangements can be made to accommodate most needs. Please call 812-855-6873.