SYMPOSIUM: "Politics, Promise, and Possibilities: Immigrant and Indigenous Intersections"
The 2017 “Politics, Promises, and Possibilities” symposium will address the intersections of immigration politics and indigenous politics—two of the biggest issues in American society today. Hosted by IU’s new program in Race, Migration, and Indigeneity, it will bring together leading experts from various backgrounds to spark productive exchange about two subjects that are often considered separately. The goal is to revisit analytical assumptions and generate critical insights for solving the “real-world” conundrums that we currently face.
- Friday September 08, 2017 10:00 AM
- Friday September 08, 2017 11:30 AM
- Indiana Memorial Union (Union Building), Georgian Room
- Brian Gilley, Interim Director (2016-17), Native American and Indigenous Studies Program
- Contact Email
- Other Info
- This event is part of Themester 2017 Diversity • Difference • Otherness.