FILM: Dance Town (2011)
This film is part of the series "Diversifying East Asia."
Dance Town portrays a North Korean defector to South Korea who struggles to get by in her new home, surrounded by violence and ignorance about her new surroundings. She witnesses members of her family back in North Korea executed for her defection, and encounters the 23 misfit underside of South Korean society. The film draws attention to the powerful differences between the North and the South, despite a shared ethnic heritage, and the persistent othering of North Koreans in South Korean society.
- Monday October 23, 2017 07:00 PM
- Monday October 23, 2017 09:00 PM
- Wells Library 048 (IU Libraries Screening Room)
- Michael Brose, Director, East Asian Studies Center
- Contact Email
- Other Info
- This event is part of Themester 2017 Diversity • Difference • Otherness.