PERFORMANCE: "The Rise of Otherness"
The Rise of Otherness is a performance piece choreographed and directed by Elizabeth Shea (Director of Contemporary Dance, in the Department of Theatre, Drama, and Contemporary Dance) that includes contemporary dancers, actors, and scholars and explores the need to separate and classify. The work digs deep into embodied concepts through movement research not so much to answer questions, but to provide alternative perspectives and new ways of examining and seeing. Both professional and IU students are featured performers, and a facilitated discussion focusing on artist and audience perceptions will take place immediately following the event. The concept of political action and change through performance, discovering new ways of interpreting, seeing, and thinking, and the embodiment of thought lie at the heart of this experience.
- Thursday November 09, 2017 07:30 PM
- Thursday November 09, 2017 09:00 PM
- Studio Theatre at Lee Norvelle Theatre and Drama Center
- Elizabeth Shea, Project Director
- More Contact Info
- Other Info
- This event is part of Themester 2017 Diversity • Difference • Otherness.
- Contact Email