'Clinicians and Religion' guest speaker Alex Lion MD
- How do the belief and religious experience of clinicians (doctors, nurses, pharmacists, etc) affect their delivery of healthcare?
- What role should clinician beliefs play in the refusal to participate in controversial religious practices, such as abortion or terminal sedation?
Guest Speaker: Alex Lion, MD, Fellow, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Indiana University and Ethics Fellow, Fairbanks Center for Medical Ethics. Dr. Lion’s research focuses on clinician/patient communication about religion, with a focus on physicians, prayer and spiritual care.
Curlin FA, Lawrence RE, Chin MH, et al. Religion, conscience, and controversial clinical practices. N Engl J Med 2007; 356:593-600.
- Thursday September 21, 2017 06:00 PM
- Thursday September 21, 2017 08:00 PM
- Woody's Library 40 E. Main Street Carmel, IN
- Sarah Rush
- Contact Email
- Other Info
- Please RSVP, dinner provided