Student Outreach Clinic
- Saturday, October 27, 2018 at 9:00 AM (view)
- Saturday, November 3, 2018 at 9:00 AM (view)
- Saturday, November 10, 2018 at 9:00 AM (view)
- Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 9:00 AM (view)
- Saturday, November 24, 2018 at 9:00 AM (view)
- Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 9:00 AM (view)
- Saturday, December 8, 2018 at 9:00 AM (view)
- Saturday, December 15, 2018 at 9:00 AM (view)
- Saturday, December 22, 2018 at 9:00 AM (view)
- Saturday, December 29, 2018 at 9:00 AM (view)
- Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 9:00 AM (view)
Who We Serve
The IU Student Outreach Clinic is a free clinic run out of the Neighborhood Fellowship Church on Indianapolisâs near east side. This tight-knit community is connected to its past while remaining committed to a renewed future. While racially, culturally, and economically diverse, this neighborhood is known for its united sense of community. The strong relationships, supportive families, and deep-seated involvement in community organizations and ministries earned it the title of âan activist communityâ by the Indianapolis Star.
According to a 2007 community assessment, there are roughly 15,000 homes in the community. Unfortunately, 50% of residents live at or below the poverty level. A large percentage of IUSOC clinic patients report unmet health needs for a variety of reasons, including cost, lack of transportation, or lack of a primary care provider. Additionally, there is a fear of the medical community and an increased number of uninsured due to poverty and unemployment. The IUSOC helps to close the health-care gap in this community by coordinating a nonthreatening medical presence right in their neighborhood.
Medical Services: We provide primary care-based medical services free of charge for the uninsured and underserved in our community. While the IUSOC is now in its infancy, we anticipate a growing patient population with medical problems of varying acuity. We address a wide variety of conditions, including infections, musculoskeletal complaints, high blood pressure and depression.
Not just a medical clinic…
Our clinic continues to grow and now offers a diverse array of services thanks to our partner schools: the Butler School of Pharmacy, Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, IU School of Social Work, IU School of Dentistry, IU School of Physical Therapy, and University of Indianapolis School of Physical Therapy.
Please visit www.iu-soc.org for more information.
- Saturday October 13, 2018 09:00 AM
- Saturday October 13, 2018 03:00 PM
- Neighborhood Fellowship Church; 3102 E. 10th St Indianapolis IN 46201
- Evan Zehr
- Medical Students
- Contact Email