Lecture: Bridget Cooks "Making a Way Out of No Way"
The Grunwald Gallery at Indiana University Bloomington is pleased to present the exhibition Out of Easy Reach, guest-curated by Allison Glenn, Associate Curator of Contemporary Art, Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art. The exhibit contains works by twenty-four U.S. based, female-identifying contemporary artists from the Black and Latinx Diasporas. Working across a variety of media, these artists counter conventional accounts of abstraction in art history that have often overlooked the artistic contributions of women of color. A symposium, “Abstraction as a Strategy of Refusal,” will take place on Thursday, August 23-Friday, August 24, and the opening reception will be held on August 24 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm.
- Thursday August 23, 2018 06:00 PM
- Thursday August 23, 2018 07:00 PM
- Fine Arts 102 (1201 E Seventh Street)
- Grunwald Gallery of Art
- Contact Email
- Free and open to the public
- Sponsoring Unit(s)
- grunwald Gallery of Art, IU Eskenazi Art Museum, School of Art, Architecture + Design, CAHI, Department of Art History Robert E and Avis Tarrant Burke Lecture Series