- IUware - A large collection of software products are available to all IU faculty, students, and staff via IUware and for purchase on CD or DVD at the campus bookstore. See the IU KB Article on the subject for details.
- IUanyWare - A larger collection of software (but windows only) that can be run on UITS' servers with the user interface displaying on your own device (Mac, Win, tablet, phone…maybe refrigerator some day.) Requires some setup (Citrix Receiver application (can be obtained from iuware – see: https://kb.iu.edu/d/bclt) and linking to your box account if you want to use box files in conjunction with your IUanyWare session. – see: https://kb.iu.edu/d/bbcl
- Stat/Math Center - The IU Stat/Math Center offers a variety of statistical, mathematical analysis, and GIS software at discounted prices to IU faculty, staff, and students.
- VMware E-Academy - Select VMware products are available to Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineerong students, faculty, and staff on the Bloomington campus only through the VMWare E-Academy program. This includes VMware Workstation, Fusion, vCenter Server, and ESX vSphere. In order to access these products, you will need an account on the system. You MUST be a student, faculty, or staff of the Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering on the Bloomington campus in order to get an account. Please submit a help desk request if you would like an account. Once you have an account on the system, you can access the available software via the VMware E-Academy Storefront. Once you are logged in, you can "purchase" products at zero cost and get a one year license. Please do NOT use the on-line 'Request an account' feature on the VMware site to request an account. Instead, please use our help desk to request an account on the VMware E-Academy site.
- Qualtrics - IU has a license for the Qualtrics on-line survey tool that is available to all IU faculty, staff, and students. To get started, see Registering to use Qualtrics in the Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering.
Overleaf (formerly ShareLaTeX) - Luddy has a license for the Overleaf (formerly ShareLaTeX) service available to Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering students, faculty, and staff only on the Bloomington campus. Overleaf is an online, collaborative LaTeX editor that makes the creation, preview, and sharing of LaTeX documents easy through a web-based interface. You can create a free Overleaf account but the free accounts have limitations. Adding your account to our license will give you access to advanced features, including unlimited sharing. If you want to use this service, please do the following:
If you previously created a ShareLaTeX account you will need to create an Overleaf account with the SAME email address that you used for your ShareLaTeX account. Just to to overleaf.com
, click the SIGN UP link and create the account using this same IU email address. Once that is done, your projects will be automatically migrated from your old ShareLaTeX account to the new Overleaf account.
Please note that this license is only available to Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering students, faculty, and staff on the Bloomington campus. Students must be enrolled in one of the Luddy School degree programs on the Bloomington campus to be eligible. Students in other degree programs (even those taking Luddy classes) are not eligible.
When your affiliation with IU and Luddy ends (eg. you graduate or otherwise leave IU) your subscription to the Luddy license will be removed. When that happens, the following will occur:
- Your Overleaf account will revert to the Free account but all existing projects will remain as-is
- Existing collaborators on your projects will remain as-is but you will be unable to add new collaborators
- Access to premium features like Dropbox and GitHub integration will stop working
If you want to continue having access to the premium features after you are removed from the IU Luddy subscription, then you can upgrade your account with Overleaf and pay the standard cost of the account.
- Go to the Overleaf site and register. Please note that you MUST use either an @indiana.edu or @iu.edu email address when you register. If you use any other email address, we will not be able to add you to our site license. If, after registering and being added to our license, you change your email address to a non-IU address you will drop off of our license. You are also encouraged not to use your IU passphrase as your Overleaf password. Once the account is created, do not change your Overleaf account email address to a non-IU address or you will drop off of our license.
- Once you have registered, send an email to sicehelp (at indiana.edu) asking to have your Overleaf account added to our license. In your request, you must include the following:
- The IU email address you used when you registered (which must be in either the @indiana.edu or @iu.edu domain)
- A statement indicating that you understand that the Overleaf service cannot be used for any sensitive data
Also, note that Overleaf offers GitHub integration but this only works with the commercial github.com and not the IU Enterprise GitHub at github.iu.edu.
- Intel C++ Compiler for Linux - The Intel C++ Compiler for Linux is installed on all of the Luddy school RHEL Linux systems. To use this, run "module load intel" and then run icc.
- Matlab - Matlab is available on the Luddy school RHEL Linux systems and is also available free on your own system per About MATLAB at IU.
- Mathematica - Mathematica is installed on all of the Luddy school RHEL Linux systems.
- CoCalc - CoCalc is a tool for Collaborative Calculation and Data Science. While we do not have free access to it, the Luddy school will fund the use of this tool for approved Luddy classes. Email sicehelp (at indiana.edu) for information about using this for your class.
- Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching (formerly Microsoft Imagine) - IU has a Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching site which you can access as an IU Student: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/free/students/