These instructions are to help you setup this your new iPad for use at Indiana University, and ensure that you are in compliance with security policy IT-12.1*. Please follow them, and you’ll have the iPad setup quickly. Your iPad has been pre-enrolled in the Device Enrollment Program (DEP). Please complete the following steps to fully enroll your iPad, which will make the iPad compliant with IU security rules. Please do not plug the iPad into your computer, or log into an Apple account until you have completed the following.
1. Turn on
- When you start up the iPad,
you will need to select any wireless network you have access to, and login as necessary.
- The iPad will then find the Device Enrollment Program (DEP) server on campus that will do the setup and enroll your iPad. You may need to give it a minute. You will be asked if you want Indiana University to do the setup. Please accept that.
- You will then be required to login. This will be with your IU username and password.
- You will need to Accept/Trust any certificates that are presented, and select ’Next’ to get through the process. After a few seconds, the configuration will be finished. Touch ‘Get Started’.
- After a
few minutes, you will get a message saying you have to create a passcode. Look towards the bottom of the screen, and touch ‘Passcode Options’. Select ‘Custom Numeric Code’ to use numbers only for your passcode. Select ‘Custom Alphanumeric Code’ to use numbers and letters for your passcode. For either choice, the passcode must be six characters long. Please create your passcode, and you are now ready to use the iPad.
If you have any questions, or need assistance, please post a request to the SoIC Helpdesk: https://help.soic.indiana.edu/request/
* If you have questions about security policy IT-12.1, please see: https://protect.iu.edu/online-safety/policies/it121.html