Welcome to the School of Informatics and Computing! We would like to do as much as possible to aid the on-boarding process into our SICE community. It is easy to get overwhelmed when coming into a new environment, so with the goal of easing the on-boarding process, summarized below are some key resources that will be of assistance. The school is fortunate to have staff with years of experience in a breadth of areas to assist you.
- New Faculty Checklist (July 23, 2018)
- Faculty and Staff Handbook (October 29September 12, 20182019)
- Policies and Guidelines for Faculty and Staff
- SICE Organization Chart
Things to do
Create a profile on our SICE website:
- Search our KB for questions related to school policies, guidelines, how to schedule a meeting room, and much more! SICE KB .
- SICE Account Security Recommendations https://uisapp2.iu.edu/confluence-prd/x/NwLyF
- Need help? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete a Service Request, a link to which can be found in the footer of the SICE website - http://www.sice.indiana.edu/
Things to know
Your role in data stewardship
- All at IU must be vigilant guardians of data security. Learn how IU classifies data https://datamanagement.iu.edu/types-of-data/classifications.php
- Learn how to store and share IU data - explore IU’s Data Sharing and Handling Tool” Tool https://datamanagement.iu.edu/tools/data-storage-and-handling.php Select a data domain from the pull-down and the tool will guide you to the best practice for storing and sending data.
- Be aware of phishing scams https://phishing.iu.edu/
Get started with IT at IU
- IU University IT Services (UITS) Getting Started Guide: https://uits.iu.edu/facultyguide