- Go to the Account Management Service.
- Select .
- Click , and then click .
- You will then just need to fill out the form with the required information. Here are some notes about the requested information:
- University ID - You can leave this blank.
- Campus Address - You can just enter your campus address (eg. Lindley Luddy Hall 2151103)
- Affiliation with IU - If this person is collaborating with you but is not being paid, we recommend that you use Non-paid Research Associate
- Date this Affiliation with IU begins - Enter either today's date or some future date the affiliation will begin. Do not enter a date prior to the date you are filling out the form.
- Date this Affiliation with IU expires -Affiliate accounts for research collaboration are generally only approved for 1 semester or less so you will need to list an expiration date less than 1 semester in the future.
Reason for affiliation with IU - The account can be rejected by UITS if the reason does not meet their requirements per Eligibility to Use Information Technology Resources. However, below is an example of a reason for the affiliation that we have had success with:
Short-term temporary collaboration on [brief project information here]. Access to grant-purchased systems is needed and requires authentication against IU ADS servers.
- Once you have filled in this form, just click Request Affiliate.