Welcome to the School of Informatics and Computing! The IT and Facilities teams at the School would like to do as much as possible to ease your transition. The School has 12 facilities and IT staff members that have a wide breadth of experience and a desire to assist you. We understand that it is easy to get overwhelmed when coming into a new environment. Summarized below are some key resources that you will need for your work here.
At SoIC, help is available! Whether it's a technology/facilities issue, or a general question, the SoIC Service Desk is here to help. The SoIC Knowledge Base provides a wealth of information about using school resources and the Service Request Form can be used to submit questions, requests, and problem reports to the staff. You are also welcome to stop by at either Informatics West room 204 or Lindley Hall room 428 which are staffed from 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday. No matter which option you choose, we're here to help!
Your initial computing account at IU will be created through University Information Technology Services (UITS) account creation interface: https://itaccounts.iu.edu. There is a very good reference in the UITS Knowledge Base that describes the process: http://kb.iu.edu/data/achn.html. This interface allows to create account on a variety of University systems. If you are having problems with your accounts take a look at this SoIC Knowledge Base article on troubleshooting the issue: Account and Email Problem Debugging Flowchart.
Building access in this facility uses your IU ID card. To learn more about ID cards see Campus Card Services. After getting your new ID card, take it to Lindley Hall 215 to have it entered into the building system. In addition to your card, you will need to provide your ID number. You will have 24-hour access to the building as well as several computer labs, conference rooms, and the kitchen. You may request additional access as needed (research group labs, office suite where you are assigned, etc). You may also receive a set of keys for offices.
If you lose your card, please report it immediately to Lynne in LH215.
Informatics East & West
Submit a Service Request or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for a building access card. Include your name and IU username (your IU email address). You'll receive 24-hour access to the buildings, plus access to classrooms, meeting/conference rooms, and computer labs (West 109 is a general-use and classroom lab and West 010 is a graduate student lab). If you need access beyond these areas (your office, the lab you work in, etc) please include this information in your request. When your request is completed and your card is ready, you will receive an email instructing you to pick up your new card from West 204.
To obtain Building access to this facility send email to email@example.com.
University Information Technology Service (UITS)
- New to technology at IU?
- What is UITS? What do they do?
- Free / discounted software IUanyWare - IUware
- IU IT policies
- UITS Knowledge Base
School of Informatics and Computing Infrastructure and Technology Group
What services does our School offer? Our IT team provides immediate support for a broad spectrum of needs.
Take a look at the Top Questions asked of the SoIC IT Team.
- For help with business cards, press releases for research, or questions about communications in general, contact Kelsey Keag - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Need to create a website? See the web hosting options available.
- Sally Deckard - SoIC Director of Academic Operations
- How do I upload information about classes I am teaching?
- OnCourse - online Course Management System supported by IU you can also access OnCourse through OneStart.
- Linux infrastructure is also available for teaching: What Linux systems are available?
- Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning
- FERPA Training and Student Record Information
- Cindy Curvin - SoIC Director of Grant and Contract Managment
What Linux systems are available?
- Research Gateway
- My Research Administration Dashboard
- SoIC Research
- For ALL IT and Facilities related purchases for grant funded projects, faculty startup accounts and staff technical needs, always complete a purchase request found here. The IT team works closely with IU purchasing and can often take advantage of educational discounts negotiated by IU and preferred vendors, and IU tax free status.
- Please do not purchase items with your personal funds - it is IU policy that we use approved IU vendors, and taxes you paid will not be reimbursed.
- Financial management policies - Important policies regarding purchasing goods and services
Payroll, benefits and more
- OneStart - This IU Portal is your resource for many online services such as timekeeping, benefit information, PTO, finances, travel, and policies.
- Policies and Procedures
- Please be considerate and make sure doors are closed and locked if you are the last person to leave a lab or office area. If you are working late at night, we recommend that doors not be kept open.
- Fire drills are conducted occasionally. If the fire alarm is activated, please evacuate the building immediately, closing doors as you leave. Floor wardens will direct you to the designated evacuation area, where you should wait for permission to re-enter the building. If you need to leave (to go to a class, for example) be sure to tell one of the floor wardens before you go.
- The campus uses a system of outdoor sirens to warn of severe weather (tornado, or cyclone). A continuous tone indicates a tornado warning, meaning that you should move to an interior room on a lower floor, away from windows and exterior doors. These sirens are tested at noon on the first Friday of each month. You should also sign up for emergency notifications via personal media.
News and Events
Stay informed about what is happening at the school through the www.soic.indiana.edu homepage, master calendar of events, and our social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube.