Event Planning Procedures
Listed here are the procedures for planning an event at or for the School of Informatics and Computing.
Please plan as far in advance as possible and put in a SoIC service request early in the process.
If your event requires any kind of presentation or other IT support - IT staff must be involved in the event planning stages. Some resources are not available without advance notice. If your event is off-site and needs any kind of staff support, additional coordination and planning will be required.
- If event planning is part of your job or workflow, please join our internal Event planning listserv - email@example.com
IT and Audio Visual Support
- When submitting the SoIC service request, indicate your IT and audio-visual needs. An IT member will consult with you on options and availability. Audio Visual equipment - computers, projectors, microphones, and an IT staff member to run equipment, must be scheduled in advance. Tell us what you want at the event, we will design/provide what you need.
- Video recording options
- Video conferencing options
Reserving Spaces - How to reserve space for the event:
- SoIC - sign in and reserve a room in the SoIC Meeting Room Manager
- IMU - Meeting spaces
- Other locations at IU
- You must use a caterer approved by IU. Please see this list of IU approved caterers
- Planning on serving alcohol? SoIC Alcohol and Entertainment Policy
- IU Fleet Services (Motor Pool): 1-812-855-3300
Advertise - How to advertise your event at SoIC
- Contact Tracey Theriault to advertise on Digital Signage and Social Media
- Consider which SoIC mailing list(s) may be appropriate
- Build an RSVP using Qualtrics