Adding S/MIME certificate to email clients.
Setting up on Thunderbird
Adding S/MIME Certificate to Thunderbird:
- Click on the Three Bars in the upper right corner
- Go to Preferences > Preferences
- Move to the Advanced Section and click on the certificates tab.
- Click View Certificates and then Import.
- Select the .p12 or .pfx file downloaded during certificate creation.
- Close and go to Preferences > Account Settings.
- Select the account you want to add the certificate to and select Security.
- Under Digital Signing click select and choose the appropriate certificate.
- (Optional) Check the box that says Digitally sign messages by default