If you are unable to find the answer to your question in the Luddy School Knowledge Base or the IU University Information Technology Services Knowledge Base then we are here to help you. You can use the following options to get help from the Luddy staff.
Requests related to technology, facilities, web, and communications issues at the Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering can be submitted using the Luddy Service Desk. This is the primary mechanism for support in the School and it allows us to efficiently track and document issues and uses the IU Footprints software system.
Please note that if your problem is related to a general IU technology issue and not related to the Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering, you can get assistance from UITS
After you submit your request to the Luddy Service Desk, you will receive an email acknowledgment and follow-up emails from the staff as your issue is resolved. Whenever you reply to a help desk email, please take care to do the following:
- Leave the Subject: line intact. There is information in the Subject line that is needed to route your email properly.
- Just reply to the email and leave the To: line as it is. We ask that you not change the To: line so email is sent directly to the person working on your issue. It is also not necessary to add the staff member to the CC: line of the message since they will automatically get a copy of the email from the help desk system.
- Reply above the 'When replying, type your text above this line' in the message. The system depends on your reply being above this special line so if you reply at the bottom of the email or in-line, your reply will be lost.
If you have further questions or problems related to an issue after the case is closed, simply reply to any of the emails you have received for the issue and the case will be automatically re-opened.
There is also an email interface to the Service Desk that you can reach by simply emailing sicehelp (at indiana.edu). Your email will end up in the same place as if you submitted your request using the Service Desk. One advantage of using the Service Desk instead of email is that the web form helps guide you to supply all the information we will need to resolve your problem as quickly as possible. However, you are welcome to use email if you prefer not to use the Service Desk.
The Luddy Service Desk can, also, be reached at.
- You will be directed to voicemail.
- A ticket will be created in our service management platform with the voicemail.
- Provide our team with all the information important to your request in the voicemail.
- Our team will reply to your issue with an email.
Luddy Service Desk Consultants will be working remotely as a means of reducing the spread of COVID-19. This removes the option of Walk-In Support. In order for our team to resolve any technology issues you are in need of, the above options are preferred and available.