If you are unable to find the answer to your question in the SICE Knowledge Base or the IU University Information Technology Services Knowledge Base then we are here to help you. You can use the following options to get help from the SICE staff.
Requests related to technology, facilities, web, and communications issues at the School of Informatics and Computing can be submitted using the SICE Service Desk. This is the primary mechanism for support in the School and it allows us to efficiently track and document issues and uses the IU Footprints software system.
Please note that if your problem is related to a general IU technology issue and not related to the School of Informatics and Computing, you can get assistance from UITS
After you submit your request to the SICE Service Desk, you will receive an email acknowledgment and follow-up emails from the staff as your issue is resolved. Whenever you reply to a help desk email, please take care to do the following:
- Leave the Subject: line intact. There is information in the Subject line that is needed to route your email properly.
- Just reply to the email and leave the To: line as it is. We ask that you not change the To: line so email is sent directly to the person working on your issue. It is also not necessary to add the staff member to the CC: line of the message since they will automatically get a copy of the email from the help desk system.
- Reply above the 'When replying, type your text above this line' in the message. The system depends on your reply being above this special line so if you reply at the bottom of the email or in-line, your reply will be lost.
If you have further questions or problems related to an issue after the case is closed, simply reply to any of the emails you have received for the issue and the case will be automatically re-opened.
There is also an email interface to the Help Desk that you can reach by simply emailing sicehelp (at indiana.edu). Your email will end up in the same place as if you submitted your request using the Service Desk. One advantage of using the Service Desk instead of email is that the web form helps guide you to supply all the information we will need to resolve your problem as quickly as possible. However, you are welcome to use email if you prefer not to use the Service Desk.
If using the Service Desk or email is not practical or preferred, you can stop by and visit a staff member at one of these locations:
- Informatics West - Room 018
- Informatics East - Basement Labs (001, 009 ,010 ,010a)
- Luddy Hall, room 2101