Welcome to the School of Informatics and Computing! We would like to do as much as possible to aid the on-boarding process into our SICE community. It is easy to get overwhelmed when coming into a new environment, so summarized below are some key resources that will be of assistance. The school is fortunate to have staff with years of experience in a breadth of areas to assist you.
Things to do and things to know
Create a profile on our SICE website:
- We would like to add you to our SICE website people directory found here: https://sice.indiana.edu/contact/people-directory.html?
- To create a web profile, follow this link and the directions under ‘Adding a New Profile Page’ https://uisapp2.iu.edu/confluence-prd/x/H4ByBQ
- You can either upload a favorite photo, or our staff photographer is happy to take your picture for the website. Once you complete the information, a staff member will contact you when your profile is online.
Explore SICE Knowledge Base (KB)
- Search our KB for questions related to school policies, guidelines, how to schedule a meeting room, and much more! SICE KB
Your role in data stewardship
- All at IU must be vigilant guardians of data security. Learn how IU classifies data https://datamanagement.iu.edu/types-of-data/classifications.php
- Learn how to store and share IU data - explore IU’s Data Sharing and Handling Tool” https://datamanagement.iu.edu/tools/data-storage-and-handling.php Select a data domain from the pull-down and the tool will guide you to the best practice for storing and sending data.
- Be aware of phishing scams https://phishing.iu.edu/
Get started with IT at IU
One.IU - a portal for everything
- One.IU is the access portal to most IU services like payroll, benefits, and classified ads: https://one.iu.edu/ sign-in and start searching for more information!